The Strategic Marketing Management programme at BI Norwegian Business School will provide you with the academic and professional competence you need for managerial positions. Your understanding of digital platforms and new ways of reaching the market will be highly sought after.
The curriculum is advanced and innovative. Some of the most important topics in the programme include understanding the consumer's psychology and behaviour, marketing research and statistical methods, building strong brands in the goods and services markets, and the financial consequences of marketing investments.
A Master's in Strategic Marketing Management will provide you with a solid basis for managerial positions in market-oriented organisations. This is a programme in leadership education as well as in marketing education. With this degree, you will be able to work in a wide range of businesses and industries. Here are a few examples of positions our former students have obtained:
- Head of Integrated Communication, Mercedes-Benz
- Category Trade Manager, Mondelez International
- Brand Manager, Stabburet
- Marketing Coordinator, Silicon Laboratories
- Market Analyst, Verdens Gang AS (VG)
- Project Manager, Microsoft Norway
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Brand Management
- Customer Value Analytics
- Understanding the Consumer
- B2B Marketing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Priority application deadline for Master of Science: 1 March
- After 1 March, applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesMarketing Strategic Management Marketing Management View 3 other Masters in Marketing Management in Norway
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Minimum of 3,5 (B) on the ECTS scale
- 1.1 Undergraduate Degree
- a) A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) in the field of business administration or marketing
- b) A successfully completed Bachelor's degree (180 ECTS) with a specialisation (minimum 80 ECTS credits) in one of the following, provided that the combination of courses gives a good foundation for further studies within strategic marketing management:
- Social Sciences (e.g. Psychology, Sociology, Economics)
- Management (e.g. Strategy, Leadership)
- Communication or Public Relations
- 1.2 The Bachelor's degree must include the following courses, or equivalent:
- Foundations in Marketing
- Foundations in Economics (e.g. Macro or Micro), Business Economics or Finance.
- Statistics or Econometrics (this requirement may be met by courses in quantitative methodology, depending on the content of such courses).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14271 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14271 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA10988 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10988 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA applicants: NOK 114 200
Outside EU/EEA applicants: NOK 148 400
Living costs for Oslo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships are available for applicants with EU/EEA citizenship. Awarded based on outstanding academic achievement. Apply with application for admission by March 1.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.