International Relations - Turkey, Europe, and the Middle East (MIR) from Bogazici University aims to equip students from diverse backgrounds with a solid academic and empirical foundation in the fields of Global and Regional Affairs, International Economics, Turkish Studies and Turkish Foreign Policy. The program provides a particular focus on Turkey's place in the current global political and economic environment in general and the Europe Union in particular.
Graduates with International Relations - Turkey, Europe, and the Middle East (MIR) from Bogazici University will:
- develop a comprehensive perspective to analyze the dynamic transformations in and around Turkey's vast neighborhood and combine this with a discussion of the meaning and relevance of political and economic developments at the global level to Turkey and its surrounding regions.
- develop their analytical skills, enrich their knowledge and understanding of the challenges resulting from Turkey's pivotal situation at the intersection of Europe and regions of the World undergoing major economic and political transformations in the post-Cold War era.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Turkey and the European Union
- Turkey and the Middle East
- New orientations and instruments of Turkish foreign policy
- Current foreign policy and security concerns
- Energy and politics in the Caucasus
- Balkan politics
- Current problems of the Nation-state System
- Changing role of international law and organizations
- Immigration, refugees, and social integration
- Emergence of Islamic movements as a global force
- Gender issues in Muslim countries and in countries with large Muslim minorities.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Non-thesis MIR Program - 36 credits
- Thesis MIR Program - 28 credits
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations European Studies View 6 other Masters in European Studies in Turkey
- A complete application package by the announced deadline,
- Succeeding in the interview.
- Official copy of the undergraduate diploma or certificate of graduation.
- An official transcript of undergraduate (and graduate, if any) courses and grades.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.00/4.00
- Statement of purpose, not exceeding 300 words, stating the candidate's interest in the program.
- Two reference letters, at least one academic
- Document of disciplinary record to be received from the university in which the applicant completed his/her undergraduate studies (only for applicants who have graduated from a university in Turkey).
- For foreign applicants "recognition document", for native applicants "equivalence document" for B.A diploma should be provided from Higher Education Council in Ankara, if B.A degree is received from a university abroad.
Payment of the application fee. For payment details please check Electronic Application System Guide.
- Please contact MIR office (via email@example.com) for the details of the tuition fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.