The Capacity Development and Extension program of University of Guelph has students that are applied researchers who tackle real-world challenges, demonstrate self-initiative and are motivated by their enthusiasm for interdisciplinary graduate-level studies.
We offer a MSc program that is completed between four to six semesters. The MSc degree is based on either course work plus a major research paper option or the option of reduced course work with the design and defense of a research-based thesis.
As interns, graduate research assistants or leaders of their own class-based learning projects, CDE students are engaged in professional work contexts. Faculty work with interested graduate students to connect them with community service and research initiatives. Projects and internships vary from semester-long postings with international agencies to short-term collaboration with local organizations.
Are you interested in:
- Social and Environmental Change and Advocacy
- Rural/Remote Areas and Small Communities
- Communication Process and Citizen Media
- Non-Formal Education
- Leadership and Community Development
- Responsible Innovation and Inclusive Development
- Community Development, Policymaking and Academia
- Public and Not-For-Profit Sectors
- Doctoral Studies
- Foundations of Capacity Building and Extension
- Research Design
- Quantitative or Qualitative Techniques
- Community Engagement and Public Participation
- Capacity Building for Sustainable Development
- Facilitation and Conflict Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSustainable Development Public Policy View 43 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Canada
- The minimum requirement for admission is a four year honours degree or equivalent, with an average standing of at least second class honours (B-) in the last four semesters or two years of study. Relevant professional experience may be required.
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National6412 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3206 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.