The Art History and Visual Culture program of University of Guelph challenges prevailing ideas about cognition and perception, and includes the study of the ocular. Because the visual is crucial to our understandings of cultural difference and historical change, Art History and Visual Culture Studies is vitally concerned with the manner in which the interdependent elements of race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and class construct identity. It demands that we think across cultures and national boundaries, and within a global context. We train students to undertake primary research, to think deeply about the shaping of visualities, and to explore the critical underpinnings of writing about art and visual culture.
- Collections Management
- Art Market
- Fundraising and development
- Proseminar in Critical Methods
- Topics in Art History and Visual Culture
- Topics in Art & Visual Culture
- Practicum I: Art Institutions
- Art History and Visual Culture Major Research Paper
- Special Topics in Art History and Visual Culture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Visual Arts Art History View 31 other Masters in Art History in Canada
- An honours BA degree (or equivalent) with a minimum 75% average;
- Or BA degree in another field with a minimum of six one-semester courses in art history
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National6412 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3206 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.