Why study MA Social Anthropology at Goldsmiths, University of London?
Whatever your disciplinary background, you’ll have the opportunity to build a solid base in social anthropology, its theoretical foundations, methodology and ethnographic diversity.
You’ll be able to choose from a variety of option modules, which means you can tailor the degree to your own theoretical or regional interests.
You can choose to study topics including gender, sexuality and the body, religion and symbolism, political economy, psychological perspectives in anthropology, the anthropology of rights, and visual anthropology.
You’ll join a diverse group of students with a range of educational backgrounds and interests, so you’ll be exposed to many different perspectives.
This programme is ideal if you're thinking of pursuing a career in the media, or in research, teaching, policy and many other fields.
Recent graduates have been employed by Amnesty International, Médecins Sans Frontières, and the Royal Anthropological Institute.
The Masters also provides an excellent grounding for students interested in pursuing research in social anthropology – several have gone on to complete research degrees at Goldsmiths.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Anthropological Theory
- Anthropological Research Methods
- Anthropology of Rights
- Critical Voices in Development
- Anthropological Approaches to History
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply early to avoid disappointment
DisciplinesAnthropology Sociology View 117 other Masters in Anthropology in United Kingdom
- You should have (or expect to be awarded) an undergraduate degree of at least second class standard in a relevant/related subject.
- You might also be considered for some programmes if you aren’t a graduate or your degree is in an unrelated field, but have relevant experience and can show that you have the ability to work at postgraduate level.
International16290 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16290 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8640 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8640 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU - part-time: £4320
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.