One cannot understand his or her country's political or economic succeses and/or failures without knowing how it fits into the present-day international system. During the last two decades, global economic and political interconnectedness among and beyond nation-states has drastically transformed international social lives beyond imagination.In developing efficacious lives for the betterment of themselves, their countries as well as the world, students of international relations must be alert to these transformations.
The MIR Program is guided by four main questions:
- How and why do international actors, state as well as non-state shape and determine basic international structure and pattern?
- How do international structures and transnational forces influence outcomes, actions and the distribution of basic values in the world society?
- How have international power relations and globalizing forces/issues affected the Asia Pacific region?
- How has global changes challenged Southeast Asia and Thailand?
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scope and Research Methods in International Relations
- International Relations and Globalization: Approaches, Processes and Institutions
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- International Cooperation and Organizations
- The Politics of International Law
- International Political Economy and Global Governance
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for the MIR Program must have a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent from accredited college or university. They cannot be concurrently enrolled in another program of study, either Thammasat University or any other university or college.
- Students must have completed all the corses with an overall minimum GPA of 3.00 and English Language Proficiency is required; TU-GET (minimum 550), or TOEFL (minimum 550 for the paper based, 213 for the computer based, and 79 for the internet based), or IELTS (no less than 6).
International1054 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 527 USD per semester during 24 months.
National1054 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 527 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Bangkok
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.