The DNP serves as a clinical leader in transforming care of the individual, the community, and the healthcare system.
- Graduates in the Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner program from University of North Carolina Wilmington will be eligible to take the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) certification exam for Family Nurse Practitioners which enhances their opportunity for advancement in the field.
- They will be able to seek approval to practice FNP in North Carolina or other state of choice. UNCW's DNP FNP Concentration is a 70 credit hour program that can be completed in as few as eight semesters.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice Nurses
- Advanced Health Assessments and Diagnostic Reasoning
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
- Family-Centered Health Care Across the Lifespan
- Advanced Family Nursing I: Adult Health
- Advanced Family Nursing II Infant, Child and Adolescent Health
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 392 other Masters in Nursing in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Wilmington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
- RN License: Current unrestricted registered nurse (RN) license in the state in which practice will occur.
- GPA: Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. A GPA as low as 2.75 will be considered on a case-by-case basis with acceptable GRE or MAT score.
- Recommendations: Three professional references.
- Resume: One-page clinical work-history resume.
- Video URL: Creation of a professional video to respond to prompted interview questions related to self-appraisal, life experience, nursing experience, leadership style, communication skills, community involvement, research experience, ability to overcome adversity, and/or healthcare affiliations.
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 36 months.
National18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.