Graduates will be eligible to take the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) certification exam for Family Nurse Practitioners which enhances their opportunity for advancement in the field. They will be able to seek approval to practice FNP in North Carolina or other state of choice.
Upon completion of the Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner program from University of North Carolina Wilmington curriculum, the new graduate will be able to:
- Design client-centered care through advanced practice and education with an altruistic concern for the welfare of others while supporting autonomy and respecting human dignity.
- Demonstrate integrity through accountability and responsibility for clinical decisions and lifelong learning.
- Manage quality improvement measures that support legal/ethical standards through the use of evidence-based practice.
- Impact the health of underserved populations through support and promotion of culturally competent care.
- Evaluate domestic and global health integrating the knowledge of healthcare delivery systems, healthcare policies, epidemiology, and the environment.
- Promote the health of clients/patients through education and multidisciplinary management of risk reduction, disease prevention and the management of illness.
- Demonstrate professional role competence in education and advanced nursing practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Infants, Children, and Adolescents
- Women's Health
- Advanced Primary of Families: Adult
- Adult Health
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 259 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- An application for graduate admission.
- Official transcripts from all college work (undergraduate and graduate).
- Current unrestricted North Carolina registered nurse license or registered nurse license from one of the affiliated Compact states. An explanation must be provided of any limitations that have ever been placed on your RN license.
- One year of professional experience as a registered nurse.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution from a nationally accredited program with an overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Three recommendations from a current or former nurse faculty member or employer, required.
- Resume with work history and prerequisite course information.
International2319 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2319 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National2319 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2319 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State590 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 590 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.