The Criminal Justice program offered by University of Nevada, Reno emphasizes the understanding of the ways in which theory, research and social policy interact, and the utilization of critical thinking skills to better understand this information. Students will be expected to acquire knowledge of the theories and research methods necessary for analysis of issues relevant to the field. Within this general framework, students will have an opportunity to pursue special interests in criminal justice that are consistent with the philosophy of the program.
Students learn about criminal justice from both academic and professional perspectives. The program tackles issues related to crime and justice by emphasizing theory, research, ethics and policy analysis. The Master of Arts curriculum draws on the social and behavioral sciences and legal approaches to crime and social control. Students learn how to address critical issues in criminal justice and administration by developing analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills.
Students who a receive a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice complete a degree preparing them for careers in criminal justice, administration or research; doctoral programs; or teaching at the undergraduate level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Crime and Criminal Justice
- Planned Change in Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Policy Analysis
- Ethics, Law, and Justice Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law View 232 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
- Complete graduate school application package, which includes the graduate assistantship application.
- Complete the required admissions questionnaire. As part of the admissions questionnaire, you also will need to submit a writing sample. These materials should be submitted directly to the graduate director.
- Complete the GRE examination. Please take the GRE exam at least six weeks prior to the deadline as it typically takes this long for the testing company to grade your GRE and send your scores to the graduate school.
- Submit two letters of recommendation (three preferred) to the graduate school. Your letter writers must submit the letters to the graduate school. At least two letters should be written by professors or others in academia who can address your intellectual ability to complete a Master's level education.
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21006 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21006 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5352 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.