UWM Women’s & Gender Studies facilitates research and course development about women and gender-related issues, coordinates the interdisciplinary WGS undergraduate and graduate instructional programs, and works with local, state, and national groups on issues of importance to women.
UWM was the first campus in the UW System to initiate a Women’s Studies program in 1974. Today, students at UWM can pursue a WGS undergraduate major and minor, a Graduate Certificate, a Master of Arts through the Graduate School and two joint-degree programs; a Master’s in Women’s & Gender Studies/Library and Information Studies and a Master’s in Women’s & Gender Studies/Social Work.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Feminist Issues and Scholarship
- Advanced Global Feminisms
- Advanced Feminist Theory
- Advanced Feminist Research Methods
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 72 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The following materials must be submitted to be considered for admission:
- Official or unofficial transcripts for all work done at higher education/post-secondary institutions
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic or professional work
- A sample of the applicant’s written work that demonstrates the applicant’s critical thinking, research, and writing skills
- A letter of intent explaining the applicant’s reasons for graduate study
GRE scores are recommended, but not required. They are, however, necessary for graduate fellowship support.
International24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of .
National24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of .
In-State11861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11861 USD per year and a duration of .
- Minnesota - $18202
- Illinois - $17054
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.