The Master of Real Estate Development and Urbanism (MRED+U) at the University of Miami is an interdisciplinary one-year graduate program that combines the fundamentals of real estate development with livable community planning and design. Courses towards the Master of Real Estate Development and Urbanism began in Fall 2008 and the full one-year program launched in Fall 2009
The Master of Real Estate Development and Urbanism at University of Miami draws on the combined strengths of faculty from the School of Architecture, an international leader in urban and livable community design; the School of Business Administration, identified as the number one business school in Florida by the Wall Street Journal and the number five business schoolin the nation by Hispanic Business; the School of Law, which offers an LLM degree in Real Property; the College of Engineering, with strong civil, architectural and environmental engineering programs; and the interdisciplinary Urban Studies Program in the College of Arts and Science.
The mission of the MRED+U program is to educate future real estate professionals on the fundamentals of real estate development grounded in livable community planning and design.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Real Estate Development and Urbanism.
- Financing Urban Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Law
- Market Analysis for Urban Markets
- History of Cities
- Complex Urban Real Estate Transactions
- Urban infill, Preservation Mixed Use Development
- Construction and Project Management
- Entrepreneurship: Building A Real Estate Development Company
- National Charrette Institute (NCI)
- Integrated Real Estate Development Case Studies Practicum
- Capstone: Real Estate Development and Urbanism Charrette
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArchitecture Real Estate & Property Management View 296 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- Completed application form with an application fee. This fee is mandatory.
- A letter or statement expressing your interest in the program and reasons for applying.
- Official transcripts of all college and university courses taken, indicating the date your professional or other undergraduate degree was awarded.
- Official GRE or GMAT scores sent directly and TOEFL scores, as applicable.1
- Three academic (and professional, if applicable) letters of recommendation (Two for MRED+U program). If you have waived your right for access to your letters, they may be sent directly from the recommender, or they may be included with your application in a signed and sealed envelope.
International2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.