At Financial Economics from Western University - Canada we seek intellectually curious students with strong quantitative and communication skills who are looking to combine technical and analytical skills with a "big picture" understanding of the relationship between the economy and financial markets.
The MFE Program is aimed primarily at students who have recently completed undergraduate degrees in Economics and Finance as well as students with bachelors degrees in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, sciences, engineering).
Graduates pursue careers in a variety of industry areas including risk management, financial modelling, investor and treasury services, and portfolio management.
- Securities Regulation
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- Economics of Derivatives
- Applied Financial Econometrics
- Cash Flow Analysis & Investments
- Financial Innovation and Crises in Historical Perspective
- Financial Risk Management
- Financial Modelling
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 92 other Masters in Finance in Canada
- Four year Honours degree from an accredited university preferably in Economics, Business (Finance), Math, Science or Engineering.
- Achieved a minimum 78% average overall in the last two full-time years of the undergraduate degree.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Biographical information
- Contact information
- Statement of academic intent
- Electronic transcripts from Ontario universities/colleges
- Professional background
- Referee information
- Proficiency in English Scores
- Application fee
- A sample of written work
- List of publications
International37562 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18781 CAD per semester during 16 months.
National20366 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10183 CAD per semester during 16 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.