From software developer to systems analyst, information architect to database administrator, graduates are well-prepared for any number of careers in the technology industry and beyond.
The Computer Science Specialization is now identical to the Computing Major from Queen's University with the exception of a 30-unit breadth requirement. This Specialization, along with Software Design, is accredited by Canada's Association of IT Professionals (CIPS).
If you are interested in completing this Specialization you must complete:
- the requirements of one of the Major options:
- Fundamental Computation
- Data Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Game Development
- Biomedical Computation
- and 30 units in disciplines other than Computing (CISC/COGS/COCA), Mathematics/Statistics (MATH/STAT), or Engineering (APSC/ELEC) with at least 9.0 credits in the humanities, languages or social sciences (see calendar for complete list).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Linear Algebra
- Differential and Integral Calculus
- Discrete Mathematics for Computing Science
- Logic for Computing Science
- Computer Architecture
- Software Specifications
- Information Structures
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Human Computer Interaction View 90 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Canada
- A complete application must include official, up-to-date transcripts for all current and previous study the applicant has listed in the Academic Background section of the application.
- Transcripts in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by an English or French translation provided by the institution issuing the transcript.
- For applicants to research programs, two current academic recommendations are required from professors under whom the applicant has recently studied.
- Two Professional letters of recommendation can be submitted in support of applications to professional graduate programs.
- Proficiency in English is a prerequisite for admission
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12927 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5773 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5773 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.