The Master's Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science Master's programme at Radboud University focuses on combining the two disciplines. Students can focus on modeling the foundations of computer programmes to using computers to solve mathematical problems.
This programme works closely with the Institute for Computing and Information Sciences and the Institute for Mathematics, Astrophysics and Particle Physics. Students in this programme will work closely with researchers and experts. Students can take part in the Mastermath programme, meaning you can follow advanced mathematics courses pooled by all Dutch universities.
Would you like to know if you are eligible to be admitted to this programme? Take our E-Check and instantly get an insight in your eligibility: echeck.ru.nl
What will you learn?
- This specialisation has a unique theoretical and abstract focus that unites mathematics and computer science
- Choose electives based on your preference for the mathematical or computer science aspects
- Gain experience working and conducting research in the field
Graduates from this programme could find work in a variety of different positions:
- Consultant for firms
- ICT developer / software developer
- ICT manager in the private sector or within government
- Researcher, at research centres or within corporations
- PhD candidate
- Entrepreneur; starting up your own consultancy or software development company
- Teacher, at all levels from middle school to university
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Type Theory and Coq
- Category Theory and Coalgebra
- Computer Algebra
- MFoCS Seminar
- Philosophy and Ethics for Computing and Information Science
- Semantics and Domain Theory
- Proof Assistants
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMathematics Informatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences View 31 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Radboud University and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s diploma or equivalent
- An official transcript of your Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Sworn translations of diploma and transcript
- Course description for unfinished courses
- Personal statement/motivation letter (depending on programme)
- Reference letter(s)
- Overview of education/experience
- English language certificate
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2314 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2314 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We have a number of scholarships available only for international Master’s students. You can find the full list, including details about eligibility requirements and how to apply, on the university's website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.