The Master’s specialisation in Cyber Security is focused on assessing the security of existing ICT solutions, and how to develop more secure solutions for the future. Students in this programme will explore topics such as cryptographic codes, operating systems and protocol verification. As a student, you will be taught by the best cyber security experts in the Netherlands who are leading in the research fields of real-word cryptography, side-channel analyses, software security, and privacy.
This programme is designed for multidisciplinary flexibility. Students can choose from a wide range of different courses offered from both universities.
This programme is a collaboration with the Eindhoven University of Technology and is closely affiliated with the Privacy & Identity Lab. Students can also conduct research alongside experts at The Radboud Digital Security Group and The Security Group of TU/e.
Would you like to know if you are eligible to be admitted to this programme? Take our E-Check and instantly get an insight in your eligibility: echeck.ru.nl
What will you learn
Gain a theoretical background in software design and security as well as organisational and network security
Learn about the philosophical and ethical issues within cyber security
Choose from a range of elective courses to understand topics such as law, hardware, cryptography or cyber defense
- Get valuable experience designing, conducting and presenting your own research
Cyber security experts are in high demand, graduates should find no problem finding a job as consultant, manager or researcher after graduating. Graduates could find work in a variety of roles:
- Companies that specialise in cyber security, such as security evaluation labs
- IT security divisions of more general consultancy firms
- Firms that produce security technologies
- Organisations that heavily rely on ICT security, both in the private and public sector. The most common being an organisation in the financial sector.
- Academic research (PhD)
- Industrial research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Compulsory courses
- Specialisation electives
- Seminar course
- Free electives
- Master electives
- Research internship
- Master’s thesis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Radboud University will still consider EU/EEA applications until 1 July, but may not be able to offer assistance with accommodation.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 66 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Bachelor's degree in Computing Science or related areaIn order to get admission to the Master’s in Computing Science, you'll need a completed Bachelor’s degree in Computing Sciences or a related discipline, such as Artificial Intelligence and Mathematics.
- A proficiency in English
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to the temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently also accepts the iBT TOEFL Special Home Edition. For all other questions regarding the coronavirus please visit our FAQ.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.