The Master's specialisation in Human Biology focuses on human and animal phsyiology, human genetics and disease, and molecular and cellular biomedical studies. This programme bridges the gap between fundamental biomedical research and clinical treatments.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with researchers from univeristy medical centers. The programme also offers internships at multiple research institutes, such as the Radboud Institute for Health Sciences, the Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS) and the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour (DI).
Would you like to know if you are eligible to be admitted to this programme? Take our E-Check and instantly get an insight in your eligibility: echeck.ru.nl
What will you learn?
Gain knowledge in three fundamental areas of biology: molecular therapy, stem-cell biology and translational genomics
- Learn about the biological sciences, but also about the clinical understanding of disease
Get experience conducting research and experiments under one of our top researchers
After graduation, our students quickly take up positions as researchers in government departments, research organisations and medical or pharmaceutical companies. However, many of our graduates also apply their academic background to societal issues, for example as a communications or policy officer.
Graduates from this programme could find work in a variety of fields:
- Researcher in a hospital or a university
- Researcher in a company, either a large or a start-up company
- Supervisor of clinical trials
- Consultant in the area of health or food
- Policy officer in the area of health or food
- Communications officer at a hospital or a governmental organisation, like RIVM
- Teacher in biology or medical biology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular therapy
- Trends in Stem Cell Biology
- Translational Genomics
- Cellular Imaging in Four Dimensions
- Laboratory Animal Science
- Advanced Endocrinology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Radboud University will still consider EU/EEA applications until 1 July, but may not be able to offer assistance with accommodation.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Natural Sciences View 29 other Masters in Biomedicine in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Bachelor's degree: An international degree has to be equivalent to a Dutch university diploma. The Admission Office will determine if an international student has the required knowledge to be admitted, and if the student is required to follow specific courses from the Bachelor's programme to eliminate possible deficiencies. Entering the Master’s specialisation in Human Biology requires a Bachelor’s degree in: In any case, your previous education has to include courses on human anatomy and physiology.
- Medical Biology
- Molecular Life Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Biology, with a minor in Medical Biology, Neurobiology or Medicine
- ...or equivalent
- A proficiency in English
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to the temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently also accepts the iBT TOEFL Special Home Edition. For all other questions regarding the coronavirus please visit our FAQ.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.