- The Radiation Health Physics program at Oregon State University is designed to prepare students for careers involved with the many beneficial applications of nuclear energy, radiation, and radioactive materials. The Radiation Health Physics profession is essential to society’s well-being since they enable significant public benefits through energy security, national defense, medical health, and industrial competitiveness.
- This graduate curricula and research programs are designed for students with professional interests in the field of radiation protection. This specialized field involves an integrated study of the physical aspects of ionizing and nonionizing radiation, their biological effects, and the methods used to protect people and their environment from radiation hazards while still enabling the beneficial uses of radiation and radioactive materials.
- Competitive fellowships and research and teaching assistantships are available to incoming graduate students. The U.S. Department of Energy and National Academy for Nuclear Training support a number of fellowship programs each year. Oregon State University is one of eight participating universities in the U.S. where students may attend graduate school on the Nuclear Engineering, Health Physics, and Applied Health Physics fellowships sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy. Each year the National Academy for Nuclear Training also supports fellowships for students entering nuclear engineering and radiation health physics at OSU. Research and teaching assistant opportunities are also available for students to support the educational and research programs conducted by the department.
- World-class facilities are available for the instructional and research programs of the department. These are housed in the OSU Radiation Center and include a TRIGA Mark II nuclear reactor, the Advanced Thermal Hydraulic Research Laboratory, the APEX nuclear safety scaled testing facility, and laboratories specially designed to accommodate radiation and the use of radioactive materials.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Homeland Security
- Nuclear Nonproliferation
- Nuclear Weapon Test Monitoring
- Radiation Protection
- Gamma-ray 3-D Imaging
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Health Sciences View 149 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United States
- Oregon State University Certification of Finances Form is required of all applicants, regardless of funding source. This includes applicants that have been granted a Teaching or Research Assistantship.
- Supporting documentation, demonstrating sufficient financial resources for the desired academic program. See below for Acceptable Forms of Financial Documentation
- Photocopy of Applicant’s Passport and Passport of any dependents (if passport has already been issued – this is used to match the name on the passport and visa documents).
- Photocopy of Current Visa/I-20 if already in the U.S.
- Monetary Amount to Show
- All international applicants and applicants that did not receive a degree in the U.S. (or other English speaking country) meet the following additional English language proficiency requirements for admission.
International19602 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9801 USD per semester during 24 months.
National19602 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9801 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5192 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Corvallis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.