Research within the Physics degree from The University of Vermont is broadly defined in three categories:
- Theoretical and Experimental Condensed Matter Physics, which includes dynamics of quantum systems with application to electronic, magnetic, optical, structural, and thermal properties of nanomaterials (eg. fullerene-derived solids and nanotubes); quantum many-body physics, superconductivity and superfluidity, electronic properties of graphene and its derivatives, strongly-correlated electronic systems and quantum magnetism, spintronics, optical properties and magnetism of thin films, organic semiconductors and nanostructures (professors: Clougherty, Del Maestro, Kotov, Headrick, Furis);
- Astrophysics, the use of radio astronomy to study pulsars (Professor: Rankin);
- Biological Physics, which includes use of Atomic Force Microscopy to study DNA, lipid membranes, and viruses; studies of the application of ultrasound to biological systems; protein crystallography to study the shapes of proteins and how function follows form. (Professors: Vanegas, Wu, Yang).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Exploring the Cosmos
- Astronomy Lab : Measuring the Sky
- The Big Bang Theory
- Elementary Physics
- Introductory Lab
- Physics Problem Solving
- Physics For Engineers
- Fundamentals of Physics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 392 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Contact information for all three people who will provide letters of recommendation (information is submitted in the application)
- One official transcript from each institution you have attended, including the one you currently attend
- Writing Sample (where required)
- Test Scores (where required)
International1720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1720 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1720 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State683 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 683 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.