You will benefit from the course if you are involved in teaching for a minimum of 15 hours per week within a health and social care setting. The course will develop your skills and knowledge for personal or professional advancement, with an emphasis on education.
The Health and Education MSc offered by University of Brighton is extremely flexible, and is designed to meet the needs of health graduates in their continuing education and professional development. Each student designs, in consultation with the course leader, their own plan of study choosing from our wide range of modules.
You will be assigned a personal tutor and be able to consult with the course leader before choosing your modules and pathways. This ensures that you have a clear focus on your intended direction before you start the course.
On course graduation, you will be equipped with skills that are directly transferable to health and social care-focused employment. Many of our previous course graduates have progressed into senior positions in their organisations.
During the periodic review of the course a range of local health-related employers are consulted, to ensure that the course content complements the priorities of employers as well as students.
The career planning framework that is integral to this course guides students towards choosing an appropriate and personal route through the programme.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Theory and Practice
- Research Methods and Critical Appraisal
- Research Methods for Health Professionals
- Qualitative Research.
- Health and Social Care Education PGCert (three modules)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Public Health View 772 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Degree and/or experienceStudents are normally expected to demonstrate one of the entry requirements below:
- an honours degree from a higher educational institution in the UK (minimum of 2:2), or equivalent award from a European, or overseas higher education institution, and some public/health service experience
- an appropriate professional qualification from a body that is represented in public/health services work plus minimum five years working in a public/health services organisation
- an ability to demonstrate skills of applied learning (for example successfully completing some academic
- Level 6, or degree level, studies modules - grade C and above)
International13464 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13464 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA7488 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7488 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.