The students will receive a comprehensive education in life science emphasising cutting-edge methods in bioinformatic analysis of big data, combined with state-of-the-art techniques used in modern "high throughput" molecular biology and how to translate biological findings into diagnostic tools and novel treatments.
This two-year master's programme in Molecular Techniques in Life Science at Karolinska Institutet is delivered by a team of teachers who are internationally recognised researchers in their respective disciplines to ensure a relevant curriculum at the research forefront.
- The combination of molecular biology, biotechnology and medicine provides an excellent profile for a professional research career in an academic setting or in the biotechnological and pharmaceutical industries.
- The life science industries and academic institutions working in these areas are active and the life science sector is expanding worldwide, which gives students an excellent job market and wide range of possible employments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The first year contains advanced level courses in genetics, biophysical chemistry, and translational medicine, as well as the foundations of bioinformatics and comparative genomics. There is also a project course. All three universities offer courses during the first year, with an emphasis on Karolinska Institutet (autumn semester) and Stockholm University (spring semester).
- The second year offers courses in applied gene technology, proteomics, drug design, and bioinformatics analysis of large-scale data. There is also a project course. Most courses during the fall semester are offered by KTH Royal Institute of Technology. During the spring semester, the individual degree project is performed.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Biochemistry View 21 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admissions for the programme is handled by KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
- If you have questions about your application or admission, please refer to KTH’s information about application and admission.
International19218 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38437 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
200 000 SEK per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.