The course provides you with the background necessary to apply for registration as a Primary teacher and it includes education studies, curriculum studies and professional experience. A languages strand is available if you wish to teach languages and have the necessary prerequisites in your undergraduate degree.
The Master of Teaching (Primary) course at Flinders University prepares graduates to enter the teaching profession with confidence and competence. Although the majority of education graduates go on to employment as a teacher in the public or private sector, some choose to follow other pathways. Graduate roles include community education officer, and education and engagement officer.Potential occupations include:
- teachers in school classrooms
- school coordinators and principals
- curriculum and policy advisors in departments of education
- advisors to government departments and other policy makers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching and Research in the Education Profession
- Researching Learners and Learning (Primary)
- English Curriculum Studies: Literacy in Changing Educational Contexts
- Professional Experience: An Introduction (Primary R-7)
- Teaching in and through the Expressive Arts: Dance, Drama, Media Arts, Music and Visual Arts
- Mathematics Curriculum Studies in Context
- Thinking and Working Scientifically Using Design Technologies in the Primary Years
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 203 other Masters in Education in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 063696G
- Applicants must have completed an appropriate undergraduate degree or approved equivalent.
- Applicants must complete a non-academic capabilities assessment task that is based on the Australian Institute for Teaching and school Leadership Initial Teacher Education standards.
International33000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33000 AUD per year during 24 months.
$6,700 (Commonwealth supported)
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.