You will gain knowledge of curriculum studies and theories of education and undertake teaching practice which brings together theory and practice in early childhood settings (eg. childcare centres, kindergartens, preschool and year levels reception to year two).
The Teaching (Early Childhood) program from Flinders University g prepares graduates to enter the teaching profession with confidence and competence. Although the majority of education graduates go on to employment as a teacher in the public or private sector, some choose to follow other pathways. Graduate opportunities include community education officer, integrated service delivery in the early years, and education and engagement officer.
Potential occupations include:
- teachers in long-day childcare, preschools and early years of school classrooms
- team-leaders in long-day childcare services
- educational leadership roles including directors, school coordinators and principals
- curriculum and policy advisors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching and Research in the Education Profession
- Pedagogies of Belonging
- Making Meaning in the Expressive Arts
- Thinking and Working Scientifically in the Early Years
- Researching Play and Pedagogies
- The Numerate and Literate Infant
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 203 other Masters in Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 063695J
- Applicants must hold a bachelor degree or equivalent from an approved tertiary institution.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33000 AUD per year during 24 months.
- $3,985 (Commonwealth supported)
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.