You will also learn to create sharing economy based solutions which are built on the abilities of individuals and communities.
In addition, you will learn how different bio-based solutions may help us to construct systems without waste. In a circular economy, the role of business is central, and you will also learn about the dynamics of sustainable business models.
The Circular Economy programme from LUT University is well suited for people already in the working world because its face-to-face contact instruction mainly consists of intensive periods on Thursdays and Fridays.
The Master's programme prepares you to work as a professional in the circular economy in a wide range of jobs focusing primarily on sustainable business and production.
As a graduate, you may find employment in industry, consultancy, regulatory agencies, and governmental and non-governmental organisations, where growing interest in sustainability has created new employment opportunities.
Typical jobs for graduates from this programme:
- environmental specialist in a consulting company
- sustainability specialist in product development
- sustainability specialist in urban planning
- environmental manager in an industrial enterprise
- environmental officer for a government authority
- sustainability specialist in the construction industry
- environmental and safety specialist in industry
- researcher in a research institute
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core studies, 34 ECTS credits, introduce the concept of circular economy in different contexts and provide a good understanding of global sustainability challenges.
- Advanced specialisation studies, 29 ECTS credits, deepen students' advanced-level capacity to manage technical and biological materials and other resources in individual sectors and industries according to the principles of circular economy.
- Students will also carry out a project aiming to solve a real-life sustainability challenge.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The next rolling admission is 1 November 2021- 31 May 2022
- The next regular admission is 1 December 2021 - 19 January 2022
DisciplinesEconomics Environmental Economics & Policy Urban Planning View 14 other Masters in Economics in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are eligible to apply to technology programmes with one of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Technology OR closely related to Technology - Completed in a University - All countries
- Other degree mentioned in a programme-specific eligibility requirements completed worldwide (excluding Finland)
To possibly get admitted,
- you must fulfill the programme-specific requirements.
- gain a minimum of 50% of the given points in the interview (regarding all the programmes excluding Electrical Engineering).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lahti
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.