Graduates with Organic Agricultural Systems and Agroecology (EUR-Organic) from University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences (BOKU) helps you gain special skills and knowledge comprise and link ecological, economic, political, cultural, geographical as well as production related characteristics of sustainable land-use systems (organic crop production, organic animal husbandry, organic farming in the tropics and subtropics, organic food chains and networks, influence of European policy on the development of the organic sector, consumer demands, organic market development in different European countries etc.).
The international occurrence of organic farming requires persons with a profound knowledge of the whole organic agro-food chain. Graduates would primarily expect to be employed nationally or internationally in the fields of:
- Food processing, trading companies
- Quality management
- Practice or extension services
- NGOs or other associations
- Research and teaching institutions
- Certification bodies
- Development Cooperation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Animal production in organic agriculture
- Protection of natural resources by organic farming
- Organic fruit production and organic viticulture
- Technology in organic agriculture
- Organic horticulture (vegetables and ornamentals)
- Laboratory diagnosis of plant damages
- Ecological plant protection
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Applicationform
- evidence of previous studies (bachelor degree, diploma)
- transcript stating subjects, marks, ECTS and contens of teaching
- Evidence of adequate proficiency of English (for English-language Master programmes)
- evidence of adequate proficiency in German A2 or C1
- Adequate English proficiency: Level B2/C1/ Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English/ Evidence of adequate proficiency of English - IELTS Academic results 6.0 or better and TOEFL (paper based 577 or computer-based 233 or 90-91 internet based)
- Fulfillment of the special University entrance qualification
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.