Applied Limnology from University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences (BOKU) helps you gain knowledge in expertise in monitoring of aquatic organisms, assessment of human impacts and ecological status, protection and conservation of endangered species and habitats, identification of appropriate restoration measures, and validation of management actions is required for modern river basin management.
Graduates of the International Masters Programme in ‘Applied Limnology’ are specialised in sustainable management of aquatic ecosystems and trained to integrate the technical, ecological, economic, social and cultural aspects of their fields of work. Graduates of this programme can make substantial contributions in the following fields of work: private, governmental and non-governmental organisations, especially international organizations such as the European Commission, UNESCO, FAO,
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Limnochemistry and nutrient cycling
- Ecology of aquatic systems
- Taxonomy and ecology of benthic invertebrates
- Ecology of fishes
- Physical environment of riverine landscape
- Aquatic biomonitoring and –assessment
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Applicationform
- evidence of previous studies (bachelor degree, diploma)
- transcript stating subjects, marks, ECTS and contens of teaching
- Evidence of adequate proficiency of English (for English-language Master programmes)
- evidence of adequate proficiency in German A2 or C1
- Adequate English proficiency: Level B2/C1/ Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English/ Evidence of adequate proficiency of English - IELTS Academic results 6.0 or better and TOEFL (paper based 577 or computer-based 233 or 90-91 internet based)
- Fulfillment of the special University entrance qualification
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 726 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 363 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.