Gain insights about Cognition, Language and Communication and become an expert in how people process information online and offline, master conversation characteristics and learn to understand the psychological aspects of communication with the Communication and Cognition program at Tilburg University .
As a Master of Science with a specialization in Communication and Cognition you are able to conduct research on the transfer of information through textual and non-verbal communication. Moreover, you will be capable of advising people about writing a clear, attractive and convincing text according to various communication objectives.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Online Channel Manager at VodafoneZiggo
- Marketing Communication at Bed & Breakfast Europe
- Webeditor at DBN Media
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Data Visualization
- Cognition and Process
- Cognition of Visual Narratives
- Cognitive Models of Language Learning
- Data and (mis)information
- Data Driven Design
- Interactive Storytelling
- Miscommunication and Emotion
- Multimodality and Communication
- Negotiation Strategies
- Non-verbal Communication
- Overtuigen door beeld
- Visual Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
- Deadline passed, National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Informatics & Information Technology View 24 other Masters in Communication Studies in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You are certainly eligible to apply if you have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, such as general Communication Studies, Linguistics, or a modern language.
- However, the academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
- You need to demonstrate proficiency in English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2253 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2253 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
FundingPartner Scholarships Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences (TSHD)
- Tuition fee waiver (25%) for non-EU students of partner universities of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.