Understanding economic mechanisms is vital for the success of business and the design of public policy. The Economics major offers a thorough and comprehensive education in economic theory and empirical methods. Courses in the Economics major are taught by NHH’s internationally recognised faculty in economics and related areas.
The Economics major from NHH Norwegian School of Economics studies what motivates and drives decisions for individuals, companies, competitors and authorities, and what determines prices, returns and economic allocations.
Students graduating from the ECN major work in both the private and public sector, in consultancy and analysis, banks, insurance, telecom, energy, or the oil sector. Public employers of students of the economics profile include Norges Bank, ministries and regulators, as well as international organisations (World Bank, IMF, OECD).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Economics major has three mandatory courses:
- Macroeconomic Theory and Policy cover areas such as business cycles, inflation and economic growth in a national and global perspective, including monetary and fiscal policy.
- Applied Microeconomic Theory focuses on consumer behaviour and strategic interaction between companies in markets with imperfect competition and on how information and uncertainty affect decision-making.
- Econometric Techniques applies statistical methods to economic data in order to analyse economic themes with a focus on regression analysis and extensive use of practical lab exercises.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Econometrics View 27 other Masters in Business Administration in Norway
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor’s degree
- GMAT or GRE
- English language requirement
- Curriculum vitae (résumé)
- Documentation of financial ability
- Documentation of identity
- Online video and written assessment
Admission to master’s degree studies in Norway requires Higher Education Entrance Qualification and a completed degree comparable to a Norwegian bachelor's degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
As a student at NHH, the only fee you are required to pay is a small semester registration fee. The amount is currently approximately NOK 800 per semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.