The Climate Physics program at the University of Kiel states that students will become familiar with experimental and theoretical methods, and will be guided toward current research.
The courses will provide instruction on how to present physical context, how to critically assess scientific problems, and how to apply modern methodology in experimental and theoretical climate physics. Mathematical methods are an indispensable tool for processing physical relations, and they are essential for the comprehension of physical context.
GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel is a world-wide leading institute of marine research. We investigate chemical, physical, biological and geological processes of the seafloor, oceans and ocean margins and their interactions with the atmosphere. We also bridge the gap between basic and applied science in several areas. With this broad spectrum of research initiatives GEOMAR is globally unique.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Data Analysis and Statistics: Lecture
- Data Analysis and Statistics: Exercise
- Radiation: Lecture
- Radiation: Excercise
- Winddriven Circulation: Lecture
- Winddriven Circulation: Exercise
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Climate Studies & Meteorology View 5 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in Germany
- Curriculum vitae, including a complete overview of the applicant’s education
- Copy of your passport, showing your name and passport photograph
- Payment slip of the fee paid for the application
- School leaving certificate for higher education which qualifies applicants to study at a university in
- their home country, including an overview of grades and subjects
- Certificate of an university entrance examination passed in a foreign country including a complete
- list of grades from a university (if available)
- University transcripts including a list of subjects and grades
- Transcript of an assessment test
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.