The Climate Physics program at the University of Kiel states that students will become familiar with experimental and theoretical methods, and will be guided toward current research.
The courses will provide instruction on how to present physical context, how to critically assess scientific problems, and how to apply modern methodology in experimental and theoretical climate physics. Mathematical methods are an indispensable tool for processing physical relations, and they are essential for the comprehension of physical context.
GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel is a world-wide leading institute of marine research. We investigate chemical, physical, biological and geological processes of the seafloor, oceans and ocean margins and their interactions with the atmosphere. We also bridge the gap between basic and applied science in several areas. With this broad spectrum of research initiatives GEOMAR is globally unique.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Data Analysis and Statistics: Lecture
- Data Analysis and Statistics: Exercise
- Radiation: Lecture
- Radiation: Excercise
- Winddriven Circulation: Lecture
- Winddriven Circulation: Exercise
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Climate Studies & Meteorology View 10 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form of your educational background
- Copy of your passport – Please make a copy of the photo page of your passport (with your name and photo)
- Payment receipt for the UNI-ASSIST application fee
- School-leaving certificate entitling the holder to study at university in his/her home country, with a list of subjects and grades
- University certificates (e.g. your Bachelor's or Master's degree) including the corresponding list of subjects with individual grades
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
There is no tuition fee for studying at CAU Kiel! This applies to international students as well.
Living costs for Kiel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.