The Applied Ecology program at the University of Kiel states that over the last decades, the analyses carried out by ecologists have revealed the great fragility of natural balances and the dramatic ecological consequences of unwise human activities. In recent years, governmental policies have sought to integrate this ecological awareness in the economic decisions that are taken and in the evolution of societies.
Moreover, this evolution at the decision level is accompanied by a change in the practices and daily gestures of the citizens of our planet. In this crucial evolution of human society, the European Community has played and continues to play an important role and its leadership is recognized worldwide.
The competences mediated cover among others the understanding of human-related or natural disturbances and being able to carry out ecological diagnostics; Understanding the dynamics and functions in temperate continental and aquatic ecosystems; Understanding the consequences of global change on the equilibrium of ecosystems; Understanding the risks in population dynamics, biodiversity impoverishment and interspecific relationships.
The competences acquired in this kind of professional programme can be assets in the realisation of a wide variety of ecological projects throughout the world, especially those carried out in developing countries, which are committed to positive environmental policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Ethology and Behavioural Ecology
- Molecular Ecology
- Management of Ecosystem Biodiversity – Field Studies
- Methods in Evolutionary and Applied Ecology
- Multilingual Creation of international resources in ecology
- Research in Ecology – Seminars & Workshop
- Advanced projects of pluridisciplinary approaches in applied ecology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications will open on mid-February.
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Environmental Economics & Policy Ecology View 8 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form of your educational background
- Copy of your passport – Please make a copy of the photo page of your passport (with your name and photo)
- Payment receipt for the UNI-ASSIST application fee
- School-leaving certificate entitling the holder to study at university in his/her home country, with a list of subjects and grades
- University certificates (e.g. your Bachelor's or Master's degree) including the corresponding list of subjects with individual grades
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
There is no tuition fee for studying at CAU Kiel! This applies to international students as well.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.