The Psychology degree is offered by Harvard University.Key learning outcomes:
Through the degree in the field of psychology you:
- Develop an enhanced understanding of social science research, human behavior, research designs, scientific outcomes, behavioral science research, quantitative and qualitative methods, and new investigation design.
- Learn to communicate complex psychological knowledge, both orally and in writing, with awareness of the latest field knowledge.
The degree includes 12 courses, with at least three taken on campus.
- Get started. You begin by completing three stipulated degree courses as outlined on the degree requirements page. This is your opportunity to demonstrate your commitment and ability to perform well as a Harvard student.
- Apply to the program. While you are completing your third degree course, you submit your application. We have application periods in the fall, spring, and summer.
- Continue your studies, online and on campus. As you progress through the program, you choose from courses offered on campus or online, in the fall, spring, or summer. You are required to take at least three courses on campus.
- Complete your thesis. Working with a thesis director, you conduct in-depth research on a topic relevant to your work experience or academic interests, producing publishable quality results. You’ll emerge with a solid understanding of how research is executed and communicated.
- Graduate with your Harvard degree. You participate in the annual Harvard Commencement, receiving your Harvard University degree: Master of Liberal Arts (ALM) in extension studies, field: Psychology.
More informationVisit official programme website
Including the admission courses, you complete the following courses to earn the degree:
- The proseminar
- Five psychology courses
- One psychology seminar
- Statistical Methods
- One writing intensive or seminar elective
- A master’s thesis.
Eight of the above courses need to be taught by instructors with the Harvard instructor designation. The thesis is always taught by a Harvard instructor.The Harvard On-Campus Experience
Many courses can be taken online, but the degree requires a Harvard campus experience. You come to Cambridge for at least three of your courses (proseminar, seminar, and one other course), which gives you access to faculty, campus resources, and the academic community.
For more information please visit the program website.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Regular mandatory meetings
DisciplinesPsychology View 904 other Masters in Psychology in United States
To begin the admission process, you complete:
- Proseminar: Research Methods and Scholarly Writing in the Social Sciences: Anthropology and Psychology
- To register, either pass the critical reading and writing skills test, or earn a B or higher in the relevant expository writing course.
- You need to earn the minimum grade of B in a maximum of two registration attempts. The proseminar cannot be more than two years old at the time of application.
- One psychology course
- Statistical Methods
International35000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National35000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.