Work-based learning is an important part of this sports coaching course, with students taking a 140-hour placement with one of our many industry partners.
The integration of theory and practice will enhance and develop your ability to reflect on current coaching practice, plan appropriate training programmes and critically analyse existing approaches to performance coaching.
You will also develop comprehensive knowledge of the key issues that support the high performance sports coaching environment. High profile alumni include Jevon Groves, Elite Men’s Rugby Sevens coach for the Hong Kong Sports Institute, and James French, opposition analyst at Liverpool FC.
The need for relevant further education for sports professionals continues to increase given the highly competitive nature of the sport industry with hundreds applying for a handful of jobs.
Current professionals and new applicants are therefore keen to gain a competitive edge over others for promotion, with postgraduate qualifications providing one such advantage.
The Sports Coaching masters is focused upon students acquiring the knowledge and employability skills to gain employment within the sports sector with the aim of progressing into management roles USW Sport has a strong track record of creating employable graduates within the sports industry and beyond. This emphasis on student employability remains the core focus for the Sport academic subject area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Project
- Research Methods
- Effective Coaching
- Professional Work Based Development
- Mentoring in Sport
- Movement Analysis
- Strength and Conditioning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Sports Sciences View 149 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally entrance to the course requires an Honours degree classification (at least a 2:2) in a relevant subject although relevant experience can also be taken into account.
- This course is most suitable for those who hold a formal UKCC coaching qualification, preferably at Level 3, or those who have suitable coaching experience.
- Alternatively those working within a coaching environment such as, a NGB coach, Academy coach, High performance coach, Sports development officer, strength and conditioning coach or sport science support will be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part-time UK and EU: £1000 per 20 credits
You can apply for a postgraduate loan as a contribution towards your course and living costs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.