The History of Art, Design and Visual Culture program at the University of Alberta graduates enter a variety of careers. You might go on to work in a museum, gallery, historic site, library, school, or archive.
Or you might decide to go into fields such as:
- Historic preservation
- Cultural policy
- Arts administration
- Public relations
- Non-profit management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Architectural politics in early modern France
- Indigenous and settler interactions in early Canadian photography
- Print culture in late Imperial Russia
- Democratic design practice in eastern Europe and the West
- Political portraiture in Peronist Argentina
- The aesthetics of distortion in Chinese landscape painting
- Time and technology at the 1915 world's fair
- The painting of Irish nationalism
- Polish surrealism
- The political possibilities of play in contemporary installation art
- Representations of cancer in medical discourse and contemporary art
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.