Practicum placements use the extensive resources of the local Washington, D.C. area. Students in the Psychology - Human Factors/Applied Cognition program from George Mason University can elect to focus on either professional training or preparation for a doctoral program. Both tracks stress the analytic and empirical methodologies that are used in all phases of interactive systems design (where this is broadly defined to include any human-machine system).
The power and interpretation of these techniques reside in their close ties to cognitive theory. The professional training track emphasizes coursework and practical experience; the doctoral preparation track involves students in ongoing research projects.
Job prospects for our MA graduates are very rosy. All of our graduates have been employed within 2 months of graduation. Some of our students' internships have turned into job offers so that they were employed prior to leaving the program.
Our students have gone to work for both government (e.g., NIST - National Institute of Standards & Technology, FAA-Federal Aviation Administration, NTSB-National Transportation Safety Board, National Academy of Sciences) and industry (e.g., Microsoft, Intel, Yahoo, Mitre, MitreTek, Crown, American Institutes for Research, SAIC, Booz-Allen Hamilton, Verizon, Motorola, State Farm Insurance).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognitive Bases of Behavior
- Advanced Topics in Cognitive Science
- Advanced Statistics
- Quantitative Methods: Analysis of Variance
- Quantitative Methods: Psychological Applications of Regression Techniques
- Quantitative Methods: Multivariate Techniques in Psychology
- Cognitive Engineering: Cognitive Science Applied to Human Factors
- Research Methods in Human Factors and Applied Cognition
- Seminar in Human Factors and Applied Cognition
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
30 - 32
DisciplinesPsychology View 917 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1412 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1412 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State524 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 524 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.