Cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide and the incidence keeps rising due to aging of the population.
The Oncology MSc programme from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is focused on understanding the molecular mechanisms behind growth of cancer cells, the effect this disease has on a patient’s life and the influences of risk factors. During this Master, you will learn all about the pathways involved in cancer onset and development and possible targets for treatment.
The program coordinator advises you during your career development and helps you to set-out a tailor-made program of your interests. The Master Oncology is a two-year international program of 120 ECTS and tuition is completely in English.
- The Master Oncology offers you a challenging program with a high degree of freedom to choose among several specialized Master courses and a number of outstanding research groups for research projects.
- The program coordinator advises you during your career development and helps you to set-out a tailor-made program of your interests. The Master Oncology is a two-year international program of 120 ECTS and tuition is completely in English.
Promotion alumni sessions Master’s day
During the Master’s day, you can also meet our (international) alumni during several workshops. In these sessions they will tell you more about career opportunities after finishing your Master’s degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Disease profiling
- Innovative therapy
- Quality of life
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 100 other Masters in Health Sciences in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Life Sciences, Medicine or comparable
- Well-developed academic skills including writing and presenting skills, the ability to evaluate and apply knowledge, and the ability to engage in critical thinking
- A clear motivation and talent for participation in the program
- Basic knowledge of Oncology & Immunology
- Research Laboratory skills (preferably a bachelor internship of > 12 EC)
- Pass the admission assessment test
- Copy of your valid passport or ID (only for EU residents)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Motivation including at least: Why you want to pursue a career in Oncology Research; Why you choose to study this master programme at the Faculty of Medicine VU.
- Transcript of records (provide a certified translation if it is not in English)
- A description of the relevant courses you have taken during your previous higher education
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- English language certificate
- Bachelor thesis
International14236 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14236 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.