Graduates should be able to contribute to the discipline with their own research and develop appropriate solutions for complex economic problems.
- The Economics program from Freie Universität Berlin provides a well-grounded education in the areas of microeconomics, macroeconomics, and economic policy as well as in quantitative methods.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master of Science in Economics offers a comprehensive and internationally competitive program in the fields of microeconomics, macroeconomics, public economics, and economic policy as well as quantitative methods.
- Throughout this program students acquire key skills and qualifications and learn methods that will enable them to work and communicate independently, to critically assess economic findings and to act responsibly. Graduates will be qualified to conduct their own research in certain fields and to develop suitable solutions for complex real-life economic problems.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or an equivalent degree with at least 50 credit points in economics and at least 30 credit points in mathematics, statistics, or econometrics.
- Proof of English language skills (level B2 CEFR) if English is not the student’s mother tongue and the degree was not obtained at an institution where English is the language of instruction.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.