History
The University began as a small business training college in 1933 under the direction of Dorothy Finkelhor and L. Herbert Finkelhor. By 1960, the business school had grown to more than 800 students and moved into the building now known as Academic Hall, on Wood Street in Downtown Pittsburgh. That year it became known as Point Park Junior College, named for the city's historic Point State Park.