ISEG presents a master’s degree for people who want to make a difference in the insurance world.
We designed our Masters in Actuarial Science at ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management , fully accredited by the UK’s Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and listed by the US’ Society of Actuaries, to cover the new IFoA syllabus, which now has a strong computational component, and complies to a great extent with the core syllabi of the Actuarial Association of Europe and the International Actuarial Association.
Why Master in Actuarial Science @ISEG Lisbon?
- Is one of the few non-British programmes fully accredited by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) in the UK. The new IFoA curriculum has been adopted since school year 2018/2019. The Masters is also on the UCAP list of the Society of Actuaries (SOA) in the USA.
- This programme provides in depth coverage of the most up-to-date actuarial knowledge and of the skills that actuaries are required to use. It offers a short route to becoming an actuary after the BSc.
- The Masters in Actuarial Science at ISEG is one of the 50 best Masters in Insurance according to the Eduniversal Best Masters ranking (is currently ranked 13).
There is a regular demand for actuaries all over the world. The main employers of our Master students have been:
- insurance companies (life and non-life)
- pension fund management societies
- consulting companies
- control authorities
Several of our students did their Final Mater Work as interns in Autoridade de Supervisão de Seguros e Fundos de Pensões, Liberty Seguros, Companhia de Seguros Allianz Portugal SA, Companhia de Seguros Tranquilidade, Axa Portugal, Fidelidade, Willis Towers Watson, KPMG, Optimind Winter, Ernst & Young Portugal, Mercer and in Taylor Fry Consulting Company.
accredited by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computation Tools for Actuaries
- Financial Markets and Investments
- Financial Mathematics
- Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Risk Models
- Generalised Linear Models
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The deadline is April 30, but you are advised to apply before February 29, especially if you need a STUDENT VISA.
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 7 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The Masters in Actuarial Science requires a solid academic background in Mathematical Analysis and Statistics. This normally implies holding a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Mathematics with Economics or Statistics, and some of the bachelor’s degrees in Economics, Finance or Management.
- Applicants from other academic disciplines will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Accepted applicants have normally achieved a minimum of 14 out of 20 points in the Portuguese system or a 2:1 honours in the British system (or equivalent, e.g. G.P.A. 3.0).
- Candidates are selected according to their BSc grade, their CV details and possibly an interview. If you are in the last year of studies for your BSc, you may apply on the basis of your predicted grade and your application will be considered for a conditional offer.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4666 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA3666 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- EU/EEA : 1st year - €3500, 2nd year - €2000
- International: 1st year - €4500, 2nd year - €2500
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.