The Public Law program offered by the University of the West Indies aims to provide legal practitioners and other qualified persons in the private sector with advanced training in the areas of Public International Law, International Trade Law, and Competition Law.
You Will Learn About:
- The theoretical issues embedded in the whole area of Constitutional and Administrative Law;
- The area of law that forms the legal foundation of the State and the allocation of its sovereign powers;
- The area of law that addresses and defines the relationship between the individual and the State.
If You Want To:
- Advance your career in Public Law
- Be a Magistrate or Judicial officer work in the public service
- Be a legislative drafter
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Public International Trade Law
- Advanced Public International Law
- Competition Law in a Global Economy
- Advanced International Environmental Law
- Advanced Caribbean Integration Law
- Public Law I – Advanced Constitutional Law
- Public Law II – Advanced Administrative Law
- Advanced International Human Rights Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 4 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in Barbados
- must hold a LL.B. degree, or any other professional legal qualification, with at least Second Class Honours
- should be admitted to practise in any part of the Commonwealth
- should have also been certified as being in practice for a minimum of five years.
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.