The Biodiversity, Evolution, Ecology program from Freie Universität Berlin teaches students professional methods of collecting, evaluating, and interpreting data on evolution, ecology, and biodiversity.
The goal of the program is to provide students with a thorough understanding of complex ecological and evolutionary processes.
- Alongside theoretical fundamentals, students are introduced to the methods used in modern and traditional research in the fields of biodiversity, ecology, and evolutionary biology.
- By including curatorial elements at institutions that maintain collections and large-scale research institutions, the program offers students a way to earn particularly high qualifications.
- The Institute of Biology is characterized by a lively exchange with other institutes of the BCP department and the Berlin research landscape.
- This is reflected in the participation in many interdisciplinary research alliances, such as excellence clusters, graduate schools, special research areas, research groups, Research Training Groups (GRKs), BMBF research alliances and priority programmes.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation Ecology View 12 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent foreign university degree in biology, in geosciences, horticulture, forestry, agricultural sciences, bioinformatics, veterinary medicine, or another natural science degree with proof of modules comprising at least 15 credit points from the field of biodiversity sciences, in particular from the areas of systematics, evolution, ecology, in a quantitative and qualitative scope comparable to the Bachelor's degree program in biology of the Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy of Freie Universität Berlin
- Language certificate in English (level B2 CEFR) for applicants whose native language is not English and who have not obtained their university degree at an educational institution where English is the language of instruction.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.