On this programme you will experience urban sustainability first hand, blending concepts and theories with real world problems and solutions.
What makes us stand apart?
Some elements of teaching are delivered in non-traditional routes through short intensive courses.
We take a ‘systems’ approach to teaching sustainable cities, you will learn about energy systems, transport networks, housing provision, and urban ecosystems. Using applied cases you will discover how these systems can be transformed to produce better economic, environmental, and social outcomes. This course will see students graduate into city government, consultancy, NGO’s and beyond.
The Sustainable Cities course at University of Leeds is delivered in a friendly, challenging and globally competitive Environment faculty where you will have access to cutting edge research, teaching and collaborative learning opportunities.
This programme will give you the practical skills needed to pursue a career in city or urban governance and planning, infrastructure and sustainability consulting, policy analysis and development, environmental and urban consultancy, corporate social responsibility, environmental management and management systems, sustainability NGO’s, or PhD study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cities and Sustainability
- Research and Skills for Urban Sustainability
- City Systems: Energy
- City Systems: Sustainable Housing
- City Systems: Mobility
- City Systems: Urban Ecosystems
- Research Project and Leadership for Sustainability
You are highly likely to benefit from this MSc if you have a background, interest, or qualification in: geography, town planning, earth and environment, architecture, sustainability, engineering, business and management, sociology, politics or public administration.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
We recommend that international students apply as early as possible to ensure that they have time to apply for their visa.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences View 279 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) or above in a natural, environmental, physical, management or social science subject. We welcome students from a range of disciplines who want to engage in new thinking around sustainable cities.
- Applicants with a 2.2 will be considered on a case by case basis where applicants can demonstrate relevant work experience or aptitude in a relevant specialist field. Graduates from other disciplines and those with professional experience in the sector will also be considered.
- All applicants will need to have GCSE English Language at grade C or above, or an appropriate English language qualification.
If you have the talent and drive, we want you to be able to study with us, whatever your financial circumstances. There may be help for students in the form of loans and non-repayable grants from the University and from the government.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.