About this Degree
The Management of Innovation program at the University of Toronto prepares students with the knowledge, skills, and strategic perspectives required to become leaders and senior managers.
The curriculum provides a strong foundation in economic analysis, technology management, business strategy, finance, accounting, marketing, and policy. The required academic core courses focus on management and economics; students select three electives tailored to their interests and goals.
Students must complete a four-month internship in order to be eligible for graduation. The internship allows students to gain valuable, real-world work experience and an opportunity to demonstrate the key competencies the MMI program has taught them.
- 4.5 FCEs in required courses (see list below)
- 1.5 FCEs in electives (0.5 FCE in the Fall session and 1.0 FCE in the Winter session)
- Internship: 0.5 FCE: MMI1100H MMI Internship.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
6.0 full-course equivalents (FCEs)
DisciplinesManagement Studies Innovation Management View 208 other Masters in Management Studies in Canada
- Applicants are admitted under the General Regulations of the School of Graduate Studies. Applicants must also satisfy the Institute for Management and Innovation's additional admission requirements stated below.
- Bachelor's degree in sciences or engineering or equivalent from a recognized university. Minimum overall average grade of B+ over the last two years of full-time academic study.
- Prerequisites or their equivalents are set by the MMI program.
- Resumé/curriculum vitae (CV), two pages maximum.
- Letter of intent outlining the applicant's interest in Management and Innovation, one page (750 words).
- Applicants who obtained a degree outside North America must submit a competitive GMAT or GRE (General) examination result to be sent to the department.
- An on-site written personal statement.
- Attend an interview where fit, problem-solving capabilities and communication skills are assessed.
International58400 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58400 CAD per year during 12 months.
National30300 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30300 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.