We accept students in the Pharmaceutical Sciences program at University of British Columbia from a wide range of backgrounds. Students come to us with degrees in pharmaceutical sciences, medicine, biotechnology, the basic and biomedical sciences (e.g., chemistry, biology, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics, pharmacology), engineering (e.g., biomedical, chemical), economics and epidemiology.
What makes the program unique?
As the #1 Pharmaceutical Sciences school in Canada, our faculty and graduate students work at the exciting and ever-expanding edges of the field of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences. They're conducting precedent-setting research with real and tangible impact in areas such as discovering and developing new drugs, improving the quality of patient care and treatment outcomes, and developing the practice of pharmacy. The work we do makes a difference in people's lives.
Our graduate degree programs offer you enormous potential in terms of fulfilling career opportunities in industry, government and academia, as well as in other health professions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 12-credit MSc thesis course (PHAR 549B)
- 2-credit seminar course (PHAR 548)
- 3-credit PHAR 590 (taken in first year)
- 1-credit PHAR 591 (taken in first year)
- Minimum 6 additional credits at the 500 level
- Remainder of credits can be at 300 level or above
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Normally, applicants for a master's degree program must hold the academic equivalent of a four-year bachelor's degree from UBC including one of the following:
- A minimum overall average in the B+ range (76% at UBC) in third- and fourth-year courses.
- Academic standing with at least 12 credits of third- or fourth-year courses in the A grade range (80% or higher at UBC) in the field of study.
- Most three-year, Bologna-compliant degrees from research-intensive universities are acceptable as a basis for admission to master's programs at UBC.
International8952 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8952 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5095 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.