Core values of the Tropical and Infectious Diseases programme offered by the University of Nairobi
- Professional excellence to be hallmark of all our activities and interactions with our stakeholders
- Strive to abide by the virtues of integrity and meritocracy in all our activities
- Commitment to the conduct of ethical research at the highest international standards.
- Believe in equity, fairness and justice for all. In so doing, we recognize the importance of gender equity, minorities, the disabled and other disadvantaged groups
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Parasitology
- Vector Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Virology And Prion Infections
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Candidates eligible for admission into the MSc. TID must have any of the following minimum qualifications from the University of Nairobi or any other universities recognized by the senate of the University of Nairobi:
- Holders of Bachelors degree in Medicine & Surgery, Dental Surgery, Pharmacy, Nursing Sciences and Veterinary Medicine;
- Holders of upper second class honours degree in biomedical sciences with at least three years working experience in medical research or in disease control programmes.
- Holders of lower second class honours degree in biomedical sciences with at least five years working experience in medical research or in disease control programmes.
International3865 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3865 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National2877 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2877 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National: 312,500 Kshs per year
- International: 3,865 USD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.