Health and well-being in everyday life depend, to a varying degree, on the quality of the surrounding environment, on interaction with plants and animals in natural or artifically created green open spaces, in urban as well as in rural areas.
This Outdoor Environments for Health and Well-being programme at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences is designed for students who are particularly interested in such interactions, with emphasis on the effects of human/environment interactions, based primarly on theories of environmental psychology. On completion of this Master's programme, students will have the skills and competence to evaluate and develop physical environments adapted to people's needs and demands at both local and strategic level.
The skills and competence achieved by completing this programme are of importance in many situations, particularly in the light of the increasing stress levels of modern society and a growing awareness of the importance of the restorative effects of nature and green open spaces. This would include all professions involved in planning and designing environments in healthcare, schools and public spaces.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Perception and Experience
- Place, Activity and Human Development
- Research Methods for People and Environment Studies
- Landscape Analysis for People and Environment Studies
- Outdoor Environments for Children and Youth
- Nature Based Interventions
- Health Promoting Outdoor Environments
- Nature and Animal Assisted Interventions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences Environmental Management View 11 other Masters in Environmental Management in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible for the Outdoor Environments for Health and Well-being – Master’s Programme, the requirements are:
- General entry requirements: a Bachelor’s degree (undergraduate cycle) corresponding to a minimum of 180 credits
International14901 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14901 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.