Health and well-being in everyday life depend, to a varying degree, on the quality of the surrounding environment, on interaction with plants and animals in natural or artifically created green open spaces, in urban as well as in rural areas.
This Outdoor Environments for Health and Well-being programme at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences is designed for students who are particularly interested in such interactions, with emphasis on the effects of human/environment interactions, based primarly on theories of environmental psychology. On completion of this Master's programme, students will have the skills and competence to evaluate and develop physical environments adapted to people's needs and demands at both local and strategic level.
The skills and competence achieved by completing this programme are of importance in many situations, particularly in the light of the increasing stress levels of modern society and a growing awareness of the importance of the restorative effects of nature and green open spaces. This would include all professions involved in planning and designing environments in healthcare, schools and public spaces.
- Environmental Perception and Experience
- Place, Activity and Human Development
- Research Methods for People and Environment Studies
- Landscape Analysis for People and Environment Studies
- Outdoor Environments for Children and Youth
- Nature Based Interventions
- Health Promoting Outdoor Environments
- Nature and Animal Assisted Interventions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management View 7 other Masters in Environmental Management in Sweden
- To be eligible for the Outdoor Environments for Health and Well-being – Master’s Programme, the requirements are:
- - General entry requirements: a Bachelor’s degree (undergraduate cycle) corresponding to a minimum of 180 credits
- In addition, knowledge corresponding to English 6 (Swedish secondary school) is required. This is according to a local SLU decision fulfilled by those who have a degree comprising at least 180 credits at first cycle level from a Swedish higher educational institute or 120 credits completed studies at SLU. English 6 can also be achieved in other ways, which are specified at universityadmissions.se.
International11555 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23110 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- First instalment: SEK 60 800
- Total programme: SEK 243 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.