A distinguishing characteristic of the Faculty is that it not only trains pre-service teachers but also educational psychologists, principals, researchers, programme evaluators, curriculum designers, computer education and training experts, assessment specialists, education policy analysts, community development workers and education law advisors working in national and international agencies and organisations. This Education Management, Law and Policy programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- All master’s students must submit a dissertation or a mini-dissertation and must pass Research Proposal (NMQ 800). For the MEd research degree programmes, a dissertation on a topic approved by the Dean on the recommendation of the relevant head of department must be submitted, following the approval of a complete research proposal. A literature study is not acceptable.
- One publishable article based on the research that the student conducted for the dissertation or the mini-dissertation and approved by the supervisor, must be submitted. The article must be submitted at the offices of Student Administration before 15 February for the Autumn graduation ceremonies and before 15 July for the Spring graduation ceremonies.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
Application period starts on the 1st of May and ends on 31st of August
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Public Policy View 49 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A candidate can be admitted if he/she holds one of the following qualifications:
- a BEdHons degree/BEd (Postgraduate); or
- an applicable Honours degree and a Teacher’s Diploma; and
- has achieved an average of at least 60% in the Honours or related examination.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.