This Architecture and Urban design Master's Programme at the Chalmers University of Technology emphasises an explorative orientation and a research by design approach in order to unfold the professional profile, skill and scope of the design professions.
The main aim is to provide a broad, architectural education as a preparation for professional activity as an architect in many different roles.
The Chalmers School of Architecture emphasises an explorative orientation and research by design approach in order to unfold the professional profile, skill and scope of the design professions. The ambition is to promote convincing joint future visions for the development of the built environment.
Chalmers education in Architecture is noted for:
- its humanistic view of architecture,
- design projects based on real tasks and problems in society,
- contacts with users in briefing and designing,
- open interaction between teachers and student, and
- an inspiring atmosphere free of prestige.
A formation in architecture offers a wide range of career opportunities in the fields of architectural design, development, and research in the design and construction industries. It leads to employment at architecture firms and urban planning offices, in the construction industry and at real estate companies. Other career opportunities include working as an academic researcher or technical advisor.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Sustainable development and the design professions
- Matter, space, structure
- Architecture and urban space design
- Future visions for healthcare, housing and work 3: Healthcare architecture
- Material and detail
- Matter, space, structure
We want to form architects with a high ability to design, with a decisive creative edge, able to work in an international context within in all relevant parts of the construction- and real-estate-sector. The education relies on well grounded experience and integrates elements of research initiation.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 10 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Sweden
- Bachelor's degree with a major in: Architecture, Architecture and Engineering, Interior Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Spatial planning or Urban design.
- Prerequisites: A portfolio is required, demonstrating a documented proficiency in architectural design, interior design, landscape design and/or urban design. A majority of the work included in the portfolio should have been undertaken from the framework of the academic education.
International19745 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19745 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 190 000 SEK/ academic year;
Meritorious students from around the world, required to pay tuition fees, are eligible for one of the numerous scholarships offered and administrated by Chalmers. Additionally, there are several external scholarships that you can apply for such as the Swedish Institute Scholarships. Students are also encouraged to search for and identify other such scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.