Students in this Musicology with Performance program at University of Victoria, British Columbia often structure their musicological research around their performance instrument or repertoire, although we encourage any and all levels of participation with any type of musical genre.
Students interested in Musicology with Performance are required to submit the same materials as above; they must also arrange for an audition with a specific performance instructor as described under the admission process for the MMus in Performance. If a student has an interest in an alternative path (such as lessons or performance activities in jazz, conducting, popular music, or electronic music), we recommend they contact the head of musicology directly.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Selected Problems in Theory and Analysis
- Graduate Study and Music Bibliography
- Graduate Forum in Musicology
- University Orchestra
- University Wind Symphony
- Don Wright Symphonic Winds
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 27 other Masters in Music History in Canada
- Applicants to the master’s programs must hold a BMus or BA in music from a recognized university, with at least a B+ or 6.0 average in the work performed in the last two years (or last 30 units) of undergraduate study.
- All applicants should submit a one to two-page statement outlining their background, their goals as a musician and/or scholar, and their reasons for wishing to pursue their graduate degree at the University of Victoria.
- This program is intended for Musicology students who are proficient performers and who wish to continue serious study of their instrument while pursuing musicological research. Applicants for this program are required to submit two written examples of their work in the field of music history as well as the additional statement as described under the MA in Musicology, and either arrange for an audition or submit a tape as described under the admissions process for the MMus in Performance.
International5074 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5074 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4022 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.