This course is undergoing re-approval. This is the process by which we ensure the course continues to provide a high quality academic experience. During re-approval there may be some changes to the course content displayed on this page. Please contact us if you have any questions about the course.
What you can expect
- To address issues about how we inhabit space
- To develop sensibilities about intervening into existing architectural structures or situations
- To engage with the language of architecture and the experiential aspects of what it is to inhabit and interact with our spatial environment. This might be the functional design of built structures, fine art installations, furniture, computer animation or film
- To take part in cross-disciplinary activities within and without the school, working on live projects with institutions and practitioners in various fields.
- To follow an iterative approach to the gestation of a project to encourage understanding and critical reflection of the full spectrum of your work
Graduates from MA Interior and Spatial Design course at University of the Arts London (UAL) have an excellent record of gaining employment in both architectural and design practices, while our other course alumni either continue their practice as fine artists, have architectural books published or make furniture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Exploring and understanding research led practice
- Contextualising research led practice
- Realisation of research led practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
However, this course will consider applications after that date, subject to places being available.
DisciplinesInterior Design View 34 other Masters in Interior Design in United Kingdom
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are:
- BA (Hons) degree or equivalent academic qualifications
- Alternative qualifications and experience will also be taken into consideration
- Personal statement
- Portfolio of work
This should be about 500 words long and include:
- Your reasons for choosing the course
- Your current creative practice and how this will help with your future plans
- If you do not have any formal academic qualifications please describe your relevant education and experience
International25880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25880 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA12280 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12280 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.