About this Program
The McGill University Department of Family Medicine is home to an exceptional community of primary health care professionals, researchers, students, and support staff, whose mission is to contribute to the health of the population and the sustainability of the health care system in Quebec, in Canada, and internationally by:
- training medical students, residents, and other health care professionals to become committed to primary care, contributing to accessibility, continuity, coordination, accountability, patient-centredness, and health promotion and prevention;
- promoting innovation in family medicine and primary health care delivery and practice;
- developing research and scholarly activity to contribute to the academic discipline;
- promoting curriculum innovation and education research;
- engaging in international and global health activities;
- developing and engaging in public policy discussions.
We understand that research in family medicine and primary care is essential to the achievement of excellence in health care delivery, patient care, and education. Our research division is composed of Ph.D. and clinical researchers who dedicate their efforts to producing and translating knowledge that advances the discipline, practice, and teaching of family medicine and primary care while supporting the scholarly activities of clinicians and residents in the Department.
- Thesis Research
- Basic Analysis for Health Data
- Foundations of Epidemiology in Family Medicine
- Mixed Studies Reviews
- Participatory Research: Patient & Public Engagement)
- Applied Literature Reviews
- Qualitative Health Research
- Applied Mixed Methods in Health Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 111 other Masters in Human Medicine in Canada
- Online application and application fee
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Writing sample/portfolio
- A research supervisor
- Study permits/student visas
International9330 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9330 CAD per year during 24 months.
National4252 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4252 CAD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.