The Community Development program of University of Victoria, British Columbia you will apply new skills and knowledge to an ongoing research project for a client in the field of community development.
The program's unique focus on the application of learning outcomes means that you will graduate:
- with a comprehensive and systematic understanding of the historical and political underpinnings, key concepts, and spheres of practice embedded in the social economy and civil society.
- equipped to lead transformative change efforts.
- able to build and manage effective projects, organizations, enterprises and networks.
- able to demonstrate initiative, leadership, and originality in identifying challenges and opportunities for organizations and the broader social economy.
- able to understand key global trends, challenges, threats and opportunities communities face and strategies to address them.
- able to engage in a community-based approach to social change and social justice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anchoring a Change Agenda: Foundations
- Practices and Perspectives on Forging Change
- Community-Based Research: Foundations
- Program and Project Design, Management and Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Social Work Public Policy View 42 other Masters in Social Work in Canada
- a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent from another country) from an accredited and recognized institution in a relevant field of study
- a grade point average of 5.0 (B) in the work of the last two years (30 units) leading to this baccalaureate degree
- a minimum of four years of professional experience, paid or volunteer, in one of the four streams of the broader community development sector (community economic development, cooperative, non-profit, and international )
- admission as a mature student - four years after completion of a baccalaureate degree, applicants whose grade point average is below 5.0 (B) may be admitted as mature students, provided they have four years relevant professional experience since completion of their degree. Submission of a résumé is required to determine eligibility as a mature student. Such recommendations must be approved by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
They must also have a minimum of four years of professional experience, paid or volunteer, in the community development sector.
International1010 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1010 CAD per year during 24 months.
National798 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 798 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.