Exercise physiologists specialise in designing and delivering exercise, lifestyle and behavioural modification programs for people throughout the community, including those with chronic illnesses and health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes and arthritis.
Theory and practice are integrated through supervised clinical experience and clinically related studies. You will develop strong clinical and professional skills to prescribe and monitor exercise to assess and enhance health and function after injury or chronic disease.
Career outcomes of the Master of Exercise Physiology course offered at La Trobe University
Accredited Exercise physiologists are specialists who use exercise interventions to condition clients for optimal health/performance and to treat patients with, or at elevated risk of developing, chronic illness or injury.
The demand for accredited exercise physiologists is high, and expected to increase in future years, due to various factors including the ageing Australian population and an increased demand on the health care system due to chronic diseases such as obesity and diabetes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assessment and Exercise Prescription for Cardiorespiratory & Metabolic Dysfunction
- Assessment and Exercise Prescription for Musculoskeletal Dysfunction
- Assessment and Exercise Prescription for Neurological Dysfunction
- Research Study
- Evidence Based Practice in Health
- Chronic Disease Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
La Trobe University assesses applications on a rolling basis which means you can apply for the next upcoming intake or available future intakes.
DisciplinesKinesiology Physiology View 17 other Masters in Kinesiology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 079551E
- Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent).
- Applicants who completed their Bachelor degree more than five years ago may still be eligible on the basis of postgraduate study and/or relevant work experience.
- Applicants may supply their resumé if completed degree more than 5 years ago.
- WAM - Weighted Average Mark (WAM) 65%
- Additional WAM and Early Conditional Offer Information
- Only candidates eligible for accreditation by Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) as an exercise scientist can be admitted to this course.
- Specialisation - compulsory: Exercise Science, completed within the last five years. Essential prerequisites studies in Anatomy and Physiology, Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Exercise Psychology, and Motor Control and Learning.
- All applicants must complete and submit a Personal Statement.
- 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41600 AUD per year during 12 months.
National37800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37800 AUD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.